1968-72 Chevelle/El Camino Power Rack & Pinion Cradle Kit - Paintable Tilt Key Column
Free FR1610 Hose Kit with Purchase Rack & Pinion Cradle Kit! Enter Discount Code: FREEHOSEKIT at checkout.
Flaming River has introduced a rack & pinion cradle steering system for the 1968 to 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle and El Camino, plus other sister GM Intermediate cars of the same period – Pontiac GTO/LeMans, Oldsmobile 4-4-2/Cutlass and Buick GS/Skylark, plus the GMC Conquistador.
The system is designed for cars powered by small or big block Chevrolet engines, and uses a unique TravelBar system that connects new tubular inner tie-rod ends to the original pivot points, reducing bump steer.
The Chevelle rack & pinion cradles are precision jig-welded and install in the stock steering system mounting holes. No drilling, cutting or welding is required.
- All NEW Power Rack and Pinion with Lifetime Serviceability
- Billet-Joint® and Column Adapter included
- Stronger Rack Gear - 1 inch diameter
- More than 6 inches of travel and Full Turning Radius
- Bolts into Existing Chassis with no Suspension Modification
- Fluid and Pressure Tested and Certified
Power Rack & Pinion Kit Includes:
- Tilt Column
- Mounting Hardware
- Wiring Connector
- Universal Joints
- Rack and Pinion Cradle System
- Power Steering Pump and Pulley
- Aluminum Mounting Reservoir (Hoses sold separately)
- Billet Swivel Floor Mount
|Shipping Dimensions||14" x 14" x 42"|
|Key or Non-Key||Key|
|Column Style||Floor Shift|
|Column Finish||Paintable Mill|
|Rack Column Style||Floor Shift Key|
|Rack Column Finish||Paintable Mill|